AVI-8 HAWKER HURRICANE BULMAN CHRONOGRAPH AV-4068-01
COLOUR: SLATE STEEL BROWN, Model year 2019
In commemorating Paul Ward Spencer “George” Bulman, who was a chief test pilot at Hawker, AVI-8 looks to reflect and pay tribute to behind the scenes efforts of engineers, test pilots, and designers all working with the most critical of briefs, the very defense of their country under the most trying of wartime conditions.
In DIM Sunset Mode, the face behaves like DIM off during the day.
Exact switching between day and night, only in night mode with Color.
Made with Photoshop, encoded in WatchMaker.
Have fun with this new Face.
- TAP 6 = Display unlock/lock Tap function
- Tap center for zoom, twice for extra zoom
- Tap 3 = adjust brightness
- Tap 9 = move hands to 3 o’clock for stopwatch
- Tap 10 = change face to backside
- Tap 12 = DIM OFF/ON/SUNSET auto ON
- Tap sub dial to start/stop Chronograph, double Tap for reset.
- Permanent battery indicator in the lower sub dial.
- UCOLOR for DIM mode, AOD w/o UCOLOR.
Measuring 45mm in diameter, the Bulman Chronograph has a deliberately subdued look at first glance with a bead-blasted matte finish to the case. The dial harmonizes a classic pilot watch outlook with a cockpit-inspired design. Instrumentation like chronograph subdials sits at the 12 and 6 o’clock position with a raised debossed tone on tone roundel at the 9 o’clock position and date display at the 3 o’clock position.
Arabic and baton-shaped hour markers frame the watch perfectly with cutaway detailing revealing a luminous under-dial giving clarity and legibility in all lighting conditions. Classically shaped arrow or “fleiger” style hands are suitably lumed and precisely proportioned and balanced on the watch. The strong bold lines belie a subtlety and layering of the dial which includes a finely distressed layer of dial work that marries the vintage military-inspired aesthetics of the watch.
How to use this file:
- Download WatchMaker App from Google Play Store directly by clicking on the image below these steps.
- Install the Watchmaker Companion App available on Samsung Gear Store.
- Read the WatchMaker help section to know more about how to use the app and it's benefits over the Samsung GWD watch faces.