Bremont C-17 limited Edition „Globemaster III“, ICAO (IATA) Code 3in1
The C-17 is a limited edition of 50 pieces. This Bremont chronograph that is normally only available for pilots and crew members of the Boeing C-17 Globemaster III military transport vehicle. The Bremont C-17 was based on ALT1-WT and build in Switzerland.
Bremont worked very closely with military C-17 pilots to design a world timer chronograph. The ‘Globemaster’ lists the International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) identifiers representing C-17 landing locations in all 24 time zones and can show UTC time through its adjustable 24-hour hand. The date window is based on the unique shape of jet’s Head Up Display (HUD) and the etched globe on the face takes its inspiration from the US Air Force AMC patch. The C-17 timepiece inspired Bremont’s ALT1-WT core collection model.
„Based on my old ALT1-WT revised version, rotating bezel with IOAC (IATA) code, rotating 24h UTC hand. New automatic sunset DIM mode, switches on and off automatically. 3in1 face, gray; black; and blue.
Made with Photoshop and coding with WM. Have fun with it.
- Tap 6 = Display unlock / lock Tap function
- Tap Center for zoom
- Tap Date to show backside
- Tap 3 = adjust face brightness
- Tap 4 = move ICAO bezel forward
- Tap 5 = move ICAO bezel backward
- Tap 7 = move 24h UTC hand forward
- Tap 8 = move 24h UTC hand backward
- Tap 9 = show movement
- Tap 11 = Change Face black/white/blue
- Tap 12 = DIM mode on / off / sunset on
- Tap upper Subdial to Start/Stop Chronograph, Tap lower Subdial to reset
- Permanent battery indicator in the lower sub-dial
- UCOLOR for DIM mode, AOD w/o UCOLOR
The watch itself has a unique Trip-Tick® Bremont case which has been hardened through a series of processes at high temperature to give it hardness and scratch-resistance of 2000 Vickers. A standard untreated 316L stainless steel watch case will naturally be around 300 Vickers. The sapphire crystal covering the dial has nine layers of anti-reflective treatment on each side of the crystal reducing light reflections on the crystal face by up to 95%. This treatment is specially designed to be as scratch-resistant as the sapphire crystal it has been applied to.
Also integrated into the case is Bremont’s new bi-directional Roto-Click® internally rotating bezel. The bezel, which is operated by the crown at 8 o’clock, uses a mechanism developed by the company (integrating a series of ball-bearings) that allows the user to turn the bezel with a satisfying ‘click’ for each minute turned.
Design features of the Bremont C-17 include the etched globe on the dial and a bezel that lists the Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) identifiers representing C-17 landing locations in all 24 time zones. The watch itself can show UTC or ‘Zulu’ time through its adjustable 24 hour hand and 17.00 hours has been high-lighted in red.
The date window takes inspiration from the Globemaster Head Up Display (HUD). The watch is presented in a hand-made leather travel wallet made in England, and it comes with a watch strap changing tool and a spare NATO military nylon strap along with the watch’s COSC certification.
How to use this file:
- Download WatchMaker App from Google Play Store directly by clicking on the image below these steps.
- Install the Watchmaker Companion App available on Samsung Gear Store.
- Read the WatchMaker help section to know more about how to use the app and it's benefits over the Samsung GWD watch faces.