How to use WatchMaker faces?

Home Forums Guides How to use WatchMaker faces?

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Topgun3
    Participant

Yes, watchfaces has changed their file download format to open with the watchmaker app or download as (zipped files & unless you have a filer ext name changer, browsers can not change a .zip name to .watch) Since you (like myself) wish to store the .watch file to save in a memory card, I find this a lengthy process which works until watchface prevents users from this method. Simply open the watch face in watchmaker, then click on share arrow (upper right corner) export the file using your c-phone email app, it will auto attach the .watch file, now send it to your email address. Open the received email, save the share1.watch file to your memory card’s download folder. Once done, copy the share1.watch file to your watch face folder (create one if you don’t have one). Open that folder, now rename share1.watch file to whatever it was named. Open your watchmaker and import it, it will open. Sadly, watchface has made it more difficult to save wf files by zipping them instead of processing them as a .watch file. Hope this helps you.

Topgun3
    Participant

Why watchfaces (Admin) change .watch files to .zip knowing most users don’t have ext file name changer on their cell phones? Makes no sense other than you force them to open file in Watchmaker app. Users like to save the .watch files instead of exporting them, which will auto the files into .watch format. This use to standard format .watch files when downloading. I see you dumped the log in requirement to download, yet it still is required for forum matters …why not open this as well?

[email protected]
    Participant

Just change the name of the zip files to watch files in your downloads. I found that doing this helped me with the Invalid watch file problem. I know that it takes time, but it works.

dpow58
    Participant

Remove the .zip from the file name. Should only have .watch as the extension..

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.