Next up is another watch from Micromilspec. I love the fact they design and manufacturer bespoke military watch faces. The name kind of hints at what they do.
Micromilspec is a Norwegian watch maker that make watches for the military, first responders etc. They design and manufacture individual designs, which is unheard of these days. Do yourself a favor and check out there web site, it is something else. I have never seen another watch site like it, just do a search for Micromilspec.
This particular one was made for THE AWACS Community. NATO operates a fleet of Boeing E-3A Airborne Warning & Control System (AWACS) aircraft, with their distinctive radar domes mounted on the fuselage, which provide the Alliance with air surveillance, command and control, battle space management and communications.
Dial with a debossed pattern inspired by the concentric circles on the MFD in the cockpit and TACSIT on mission computers. Orange minute segments near the 12 O’clock position represent radar hits.
Date window similar to a Kollsman Window. Indicators at 12 and 3 o’clock inspired by hostile/friendly aircraft on ABM/MSO TACSIT.
Finally the AWACS silhouette, front and center and The Polaris Star for its notoriety.
Not drawn entirely from scratch in GIMP and assembled and coded in WatchMaker.
- Double Tap 6 to Unlock Tap Functions / Single Tap to Lock tap functions.
- Centre to Zoom. (Multi)
- 3 to adjust Brightness.
- 9 to toggle Dim – Auto / On / Off.
- 12 to rotate Bezel.
- Between 1 & 2 to view Caseback.
- Second Hand Battery Reserve in Dim.
How to use this file:
- Download WatchMaker App from Google Play Store directly by clicking on the image below these steps.
- Install the Watchmaker Companion App available on Samsung Gear Store.
- Read the WatchMaker help section to know more about how to use the app and it's benefits over the Samsung GWD watch faces.