The Tudor Heritage Ranger is a quite simple watch and maybe not so interesting, but I like the design quite much, and all the small details, like the very bright small markers that “glows” really nice when setting my variable brightness low.
- This watch face is very good for battery life too, you can easily have brightness level 2 or 3 during the whole day.
- And 5-6 during the evening. At least here in Europe this time of year.
- Because many people don’t like watchfaces without a date, I’ve added the possibility to unveil a date field by tapping 3. Even if the original watch doesn’t have that. Those who want to have it exactly as the original (like me) can still have that by tapping 3 again to hide it.
- On this watchface I also added an automatic decrease of brightness after sunset. It decreases the brightness with 30%. And get to normal brightness again at sunrise.
- Setting the brightness level between 5-7 works great in low light environments. This variable brightness can you use together with the automated too if you like. Both work simultaneously.
- Tap below 6 to choose between 7 different brightness levels. I added that placement very low on the display to minimize the risk of adding smudge and dirt on the screen.
- Second-hand shows battery level when dimmed.
I draw and sketch the hands and assets in a vector-based software to get the sharpness I want, the rest I do completely in Watchmaker for Android and iOS.
My goal is to make watchfaces that looks good and realistic on a smartwatch. Therefore I don’t do bezels because smartwatches already have bezels, and I don’t do Lume because it’s not necessary on a smartwatch. At the moment I don’t do Chronographs either, but that can change in the future.
Enjoy this watchface for the Watchmaker app for both Android and iOS! All my watchfaces works with Android Wear and Tizen (Samsung Gear) watches
How to use this file:
- Download WatchMaker App from Google Play Store directly by clicking on the image below these steps.
- Install the Watchmaker Companion App available on Samsung Gear Store.
- Read the WatchMaker help section to know more about how to use the app and it's benefits over the Samsung GWD watch faces.