DAMASKO DC86 green Chronometer 2019
DAMASKO, a watch manufacturer based in Barbing, Germany. The company has been producing innovative mechanical wristwatches since 1994.
Product description DC86
A new chronograph line based on the DAMASKO chronograph caliber C51 is ushered in with the DC8X series. The yardstick of this further development is to significantly increase the legibility of the chronograph functions. The historical work Lemania 5100 served as a model. The main focus of the new line is on the technical implementation of a jumping 60-minute indicator from the center. This new, patented design makes it possible to record stop times more easily, more precisely, and faster. With two major advantages: 60 minutes instead of the usual 30 are counted in one hand rotation. And the assigned minute stop scale can be seen over the full dial diameter.
Face partially reworked in photoshop, coded in Watchmaker. New Sunset DIM mode instead of DIM Auto. Automatic switching in uColor after sunset and back.
Hour, minute, small second; Chronograph with center seconds, minutes and a small hour counter, additional 24-hour display.
Have Fun with my new work.
- Function with Display unlock
- Tap 6 = Display unlock / lock Tap function
- Tap Center for zoom, twice for extra zoom
- Tap 3 = adjust face brightness
- Tap 4 = move bezel forward
- Tap 8 = move bezel backward
- Tap 9 = move hands to 9 oclock for chrono
- Tap 12 = DIM mode off / on / sunset on
- Tap green subdial to start/stop Chronograph, double Tap for reset.
- Permanent battery indicator in the lower dial.
- UCOLOR for DIM mode, AOD w/o ucolor.
The comeback of the year
It is back – the DAMASKO DC86 – a chronograph that has never been forgotten and can finally celebrate its comeback. The development work for the patented mechanical clockwork C51 took 6 whole years. The road to this technical peculiarity was rocky and has now paid off. The movement was already installed in the DC80 chronograph in 2017, a year later in the DC82 with stop minute and date display and now in the DC86, equipped with the DAMASKO caliber C51-6. The peculiarity of this chronograph movement is that not only the stop second and minute are counted from the middle, but also the hours – on a subdial at 6. At 9 a small second rotates, while at 3 an additional one 24-hour display, which always moves analog to the main time.
The display and color design of the second and minute counters from the center ensure clear legibility: all chronograph displays are in green/white, the completely colored seconds and minutes counter with a green/white airplane silhouette as a tip as well as a scale and Hour counter at 6 o’clock
The model has been tested by EADS (MBB) under the normal conditions of its pilots (MIL-STD-810F standard: Department of Defense military standard, low pressure, with acceleration and vibration). The watches behaved particularly well without any significant deviation from their precision and are therefore certified for this operating mode.
(Damasko, Ron D.)
How to use this file:
- Download WatchMaker App from Google Play Store directly by clicking on the image below these steps.
- Install the Watchmaker Companion App available on Samsung Gear Store.
- Read the WatchMaker help section to know more about how to use the app and it's benefits over the Samsung GWD watch faces.